Covid-19 Safe Practices & Policies
Welcome to the Inn on the Sound!
During these challenging times we are working hard to create an environment where you can feel safe and comfortable during your stay with us. Below you will find a list of practices that we are engaged in to best protect you, our guest, as well as our employees during this time of Covid-19.
We are also including a list of policies that we request of each of our guests to ensure the health and safety of all who frequent our Inn.
Thank you for your understanding and participation as we work together to stay healthy and enjoy life during a particularly difficult time.
~ from All of us at Inn on the Sound
GUEST CHECK- IN AND CHECK- OUT
- Although we would prefer to personally welcome our guests, we have instituted contactless check-in and check-out in an effort to follow current physical distancing guidelines. However, we are always on the property and available if you should need us.
- On the day of your arrival, you will receive both a text message and an email with the access code to the front entrance. You will find an envelope with your name on the sideboard just inside the front door with your sanitized room key and a note with the location of your room and other helpful information.
- All charges are pre-paid, so there is no need for settling any balances at the end of your stay. Guests are asked to leave the key in their room when checking out.
- Each of our employees has received extensive training in cleaning procedures, which includes the frequent sanitizing of all common touch areas such as counters, doors, floors, lamps, light switches, tables, chairs, and couches, for example.
- All employees wear masks, and where needed, disposable gloves, and are instructed to wash hands frequently while at work.
- At all times we practice physical distancing, maintaining a 6-foot perimeter from all others.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily.
- Employees are empowered to stay home if not feeling well.
GUEST ROOMS AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Each of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to guest arrival. All surfaces, furniture, and amenities are sanitized. All bed linens and towels are laundered at the hottest sanitizing setting.
- Once your room is cleaned and prepared, no one enters the room prior to your arrival.
- To minimize cross-contact of surfaces, daily housekeeping service will be discontinued at this time. This will minimize staff need to access guest rooms during your stay. Trash and soiled towels can be left in provided receptacles just inside your door and will be picked up daily. We welcome you to request any amenities and supplies that need to be replenished during your stay.
- When arriving at the Inn, you will find a set of masks, antibacterial hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes in your guest room for your use.
- Common areas including outdoor seating, living, and dining rooms and hallways will be cleaned and disinfected more frequently throughout the day. Special attention will be paid to high touch surfaces such as bannisters, door handles, chair backs, etc.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available in common spaces.
- Signage will be posted throughout the inn to reinforce new practices.
- If you borrow games, puzzles, books, or magazines from common areas during your stay, we ask that you please leave them in your room at check-out so they can be cleaned and sanitized as part of our housekeeping process before being put away.
- We provide a delicious breakfast each morning as part of your stay.
- We offer breakfast at pre-scheduled time frames, served on trays so that you may enjoy while physical distancing in the limited dining room, front deck, living room, or in your guest room. You can sign up for your preferred time during check-in.
- Our breakfast staff uses masks and gloves when preparing and serving the morning meal.
- Any afternoon refreshments will be served individually wrapped.
- We request that guests wear a mask when in close quarters with other guests and our staff.
- We ask all guests to practice physical distancing during check in, while enjoying our property, at breakfast, and when interacting with other guests as well as our staff.
- Guests are encouraged to wash hands frequently.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that you delay your plans to stay with us if you’re not feeling well, if you’ve traveled recently away from home, if you live somewhere with a stay-at-home order that is still in effect, or if you know you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past few weeks. We will be here when you are ready and able to travel.
- If while you are at the inn, you become unwell, we request that you notify us and make arrangements to return home.
“My husband and I stayed at the Inn for a long weekend in Oyster Pond room. The water view was breathtaking and the decor of the room calming and relaxing. Debbie was a wonderful host always there for any questions or suggestions. The scrumptious biscottis available in the afternoon and mouth watering scones and eggs Benedict for breakfast made you feel like at moms house. Can’t wait to return here again!”
– Ann Jarnutowski, Google Review